Templo y Monasterio San Francisco El Grande

It has the richest pieces of colonial art. It is the most visited temple because in one of its chapels is the tomb of Saint Hermano Pedro de San Jose de Betancourt, and also for being one of the most fervently continue La Antigua Guatemalan religious traditions. It was built between 1575 and 1590. Rebuilt several times until it was built almost entirely in 1773. In the nineteenth century, built the chapel of the Franciscan Third Order in 1817 there was placed the tomb of Saint Hermano Pedro until 1991, which was transferred to a special tomb where it remains today.

Calle de los pasos Antigua Guatemala Guatemala