Templo y Monasterio San Felipe Nery (Escuela de Cristo)

Was originally the place where the Order of the Franciscans built its first chapel in the Captaincy General of Guatemala. It was damaged by several earthquakes and completely destroyed in 1717. Then, as headquarter of the congregation of San Felipe Nery, was commissioned to rebuild to the chief architect of the city, Diego Porres. Here veil to Santo Hermano Pedro de Betancourt, before moving to the Temple of San Francisco el Grande, where he was buried. It is famous for the art of painting and sculpture that are worshiped inside. 

Calle de los pasos Antigua Guatemala Guatemala